What does ringing in the new year have to do with being mouth healthy?
More than you may think. Did you know that you should replace your toothbrush every three to four months? Bristles that become frayed and worn are less effective at cleaning your teeth. That means, celebrating the new year with a brand new toothbrush is actually smart dental hygiene.
Here are our recommended New Year resolutions:
- Start brushing 2min2x. Always brush twice a day for two minutes for healthier teeth, good breath, fewer cavities, and to avoid painful dental problems.
- Floss daily. Flossing is part of being mouth healthy.
- Chew sugarless gum. Chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes following meals can help prevent tooth decay.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks.
- Drink fluoridated water. Fluoride helps prevent cavities by making teeth more resistant to the acid attacks that cause cavities.
- Regular dental visits will help you achieve a healthier smile.